Sunday, September 27, 2009

But First, Introductions

So, here I am, a 30-something native Northwesterner, unemployed and living with my six-year-old daughter and my ex-husband of 18 months. I have some interesting friends and family who I adore and who provide tons of entertainment and support (and occasional frustration). I live in one side of a duplex and my ex-mother-in-law and her mother and brother live in the other side (they are very nice people and I still consider them family). I am a jewelry artist (ninnoli.etsy.com) with an advanced degree in psychology and some minor health issues. I have been borderline diabetic for years as a result of polycystic ovarian syndrome and I have occasional migraines. I also have some mood issues. None of these are really serious and I take care of myself to ensure it stays that way. I don't obsess about it all but it's on the list of things I'll probably talk about on this blog. I also LOVE music, I hike, camp, take pictures, read and watch movies and some TV.

Oh, and I broke my right ankle three weeks ago and I can't drive, so I have some time on my hands. Why not start a blog?

My ex and I decided to end our 12-year relationship over a year ago for many of the reasons relationships end; the short story is we grew apart. We actually get along pretty well and are on the same page about our daughter. It isn't perfect, it's frustrating at times, but it isn't too bad. It's definitely an unusual situation. No greeting cards or self-help books on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment